Wednesday, January 26, 2011

You and I a Crowd



Such is life,
As we gather together,
To clean away, start the day.
To do this one at a time,
With much more space,
Of course, it's out of place!

No, we have put our heads,
Same time,
Same place,
Over this sink together,
Bumping elbows,
Opps! Splashed water on your nose!

Silly faces,
Lots of noise,
Splashing, spitting, laughing,
You and I a crowd.
Yes, such is this life,
To put up with this kind of strife!

But oh memories,
We are making here,
You and I,
By this sink, young and old?
Me at 31 and you at 3,
Loving and brushing teeth!



Wrote this poem on August 4, 1984.
The picture was taken when Shelby was 5 and I was 33.
I have to smile when I read this and realize this poem continues in my heart with my grandchildren
.

No comments:

Post a Comment