Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Why Would I?

Rich? Me?
Why would I,
In the splendor of my humble home,
Want such riches, young or old?

Why would I,
Want all I could buy?

What would I do,
With possessions all new?

Where would I go,
If so much money I could blow?

France, Paris, even Italy,
Oh the places I could finally see!

No more strict budget,
Buy all the food and clothes I can get!

No more thrift shops!
Well, no, not all things would I stop.

Oh such fun avails us,
If rich I truly was!

But who'd I be,
With so much money?

Would I still love,
And desire as strong, my God above?

Would I be happy,
With no growing trials to need?

Would you still be here,
Someone to call and be near?

Would it be me for you to stay,
Or my riches to give away?

Would it be the same,
If so very rich I became?

Rich? Me?
How absurd!!

No comments:

Post a Comment