Monday, December 6, 2010

INVISIBLE

I have become invisible.
And not with a Harry Potter, 'invisibility' cloak either.
Is it because my youthful good looks disappeared one day in my 50's?
Deep wrinkles and a sagging jowl,
Betray my inner youth, that no one can see!
What is it, that keeps you from talking to me?
What is it, that makes you talk over me when I do try to speak?
Why have my ideas become old fashioned and silly to you?
Why are you no longer interested, when I walk into the room?
Am I to blame for this isolation, in that room full of people?
Am I suppose to be quiet,
Now that my outer shell grows closer to death?
Or be segregated, to hang only with older souls?
Or segregated to those holding tanks, you label a 'home',
Where I would be 'nursed' until I've predictably died?
Death would allow you to divide my spoils amongst you, the younger.
Don't get too excited at all you will get.
There comes a day, when you, too, will cycle through,
And one day you, too, will be old and die.
Are you afraid?
Afraid to grow old,
So it is easier to ignore old?
Or is this a process?
Just a normal process of aging?
Am I just being silly?
Or, is this the way the life cycle has always worked?
We are born and constantly made over.
We grow and are constantly focused on.
We get old one day and become invisible.

No comments:

Post a Comment