Saturday, April 11, 2009

DESTROY THIS TEMPLE AND I WILL RAISE IT IN 3 DAYS!

Saturday. Good Friday was to remember Jesus died. He spent Saturday in the tomb, basically buried. Saturday was thier Sabbath so what ever they needed to do to 'prepare' His body after death, was post poned until Sunday morning....except that he may have been cleaned up some and wrapped and placed in a tomb belonging to someone else who hadn't died yet. (Which was Ok cuz He wasn't going to be there long and the fella could have had his own tomb back.)

What was that day like? What was it like in a cave tomb, dark, silent, cold? What was going through everyones mind that had been touched by Jesus and did not expect him to die!? What was the air like? Did the sun shine or did it stay cloudy, and dark all day? A forced day of no work, complete rest for some and a day without for the poor. What did everyone do, or say, or did they all stay quiet.? Numb?

I don't know what Jesus experienced that day in that tomb. I sometimes compare His tomb to the 'tombs' I have experience as a victum and some I turned myself in....literally inward, a prison and tomb of sorts, that I often created all by myself. Some very dark and 'grave' moments that kept me buried longer than 1 day. Weeks, even years!

My plea to God is that I never experience those darkened tombs for more than a day anymore. More often I ask why have to experience them at all? No answer yet to that question! Instead, He often teaches me that some plants grow more awesome than before after time in a cool, dark place. Also that Spring always follows the dead of Winter. So one full day in the tomb. One full day to feel down and depressed....then get up, out and move. Believe again. Hope and Love again.

Hm...what was that time in the tomb like. That day the Son of God was not found walking His familiar paths. What was that day like? The shock of such a day I often liken to our September 11, 2001 or even back further when John F. Kennedy was killed....of course there are other events that bring home the 'shock' of the day after Jesus was crucified but soon the dawn of a new day would bring on an experience that is beyond comprehension.

Tomorrow will be the third day.

No comments:

Post a Comment