Thursday, April 30, 2009

AND THE LOST FIND EACH OTHER

FINALLY! When Mark died a year ago, it catapulted us into a rush of plans, mistakes (I didn't have Mark's birthday correct in the Keith Co News obituary!), and trying to contact everyone. I had to leave some names off the quickly published obituary in Ogallala because I couldn't get information needed before it went to print.

We did all the planning and all arrangements with out the help of a mortuary. They assisted us in caring for Mark but we picked him up from the home and the rest was on us. I learned from this experience that the help of a trusted mortuary can lighten the grieving load tremendously!!! It is now my prayer to get my preparations completed soon, so my loved ones never go through the stress we experienced in losing Mark before we were ready. I will stop using the excuse...is anyone ever ready!

ANYWAY....losing Mark was hard enough, and added to our grief was the inability to connect and locate all of his children. So, finally, Tonya found Momma Sue on MySpace this week and yesterday, she and I had our first phone call in more than 7 years. It was very emotional for this Aunt Sandy, and I agree with Momma Sue's posting on Facebook, "Thank You, Lord!"

No comments:

Post a Comment