Sunday, March 29, 2009

WILL MY SHIP COME?

When I was but a girl,
This life was a very slow go.
Now what a whirl,
As an ole lady wanting to go slow!

What happened to me?
Why didn't I see it coming?
If I knew this that I now see,
Why am I not running?

Run where? is my first thought!
Isn't running why I'm here?
Also not choosing as I ought?
Wasting years in drugs and beer!

So many changes have come and gone,
Mature only in lessons learned,
A babe still in times choosing wrong,
Spurred to grow by the things I yearned!

Now yearning is stagnate,
Dreams are mostly deflated,
Nothing to want or rate,
Everything seems stalemated!

I don't want in or out,
Broken down and feeling old!
Still so poor and without,
Grateful for spouse's household.

Dark and dreary life seems now.
When did this curtain drop!
And when did the sun go out,
And my happy bubble popped?

Will this pass?
Oh don't tell me this is all!
Say this won't last,
And soon I'll hear the call!

If the call be a trumpet blast,
That would be most prized!
Or a ships port of call and sighted mast,
Full of blessings per that ships size!

Yes, when my ship comes in,
It will be a time of rest,
When all will be forgiven,
And no mountain waves to crest!

The sun will come out again,
Tears will bloom flowers,
And the curtain won't remain,
And the milk won't ever be sour.

Spirit will come on in power,
The past will be erased,
Life will be empowered,
And change will not disgrace!

Whew what a whirl!
An ole lady wanting to take it slow!
Seems just yesterday a little girl,
And this life was a very slow go.

No comments:

Post a Comment