Sunday, March 1, 2009

I'm a Nebraska native who didn't appreciated my home state until these later years. Born and raised most of my life in Western Nebraska in the sandhills and from a family that many would rightly call, dysfunctional, but I consider, colorful. My family history has its own story but examples of our dysfunctions can be found everywhere in the world. My Mom married a few times so I have a combination of brothers and sisters, blood, half and step. Dad was not known to me until I reached my twenties and even then to now, I never have 'known' him. When I reflect on a Dad only Mom's fourth husband comes to heart! "Pete" was my Dad. Funny how being a blood father doesn't make one a DAD! (Same goes for the blood mother analogy) As my blog goes on, I'll probably reflect on some of my earlier experiences but for now...generalities.

I grew up, survived much and have found myself in my senior years. I honestly didn't think I'd make it this far. Many of my friends from the 60's-70's didn't and I sabatoged my own plans of escape several times to find life, now, a very blessed event, one day at a time. Life is an accumulation of experiences!

Well, enough for now. Sick with one heck of a cold and I feel a coughing spasm coming on.

So later...

No comments:

Post a Comment