Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Surely I'm on the mend. Family thinks I should go see my doctor but I don't want to take any antibiotics....which I believe would be an unhealthy alternative to working this through. I've up't my vitamin C and am taking vitamin A til I heal. I'm finally trying to take a daily multi-vitamin, which I should have been taking regularly to date! Especially, since my eating habits aren't the best either. That too, I'm trying to revise....now that I'm sick. Why do I do that!! I make changes usually under pressure and its so frustrating! Taking care of myself should be an honor, but I tend to abuse myself...

Anyway, this is a cold day and I'm snug in Dad's chair with my lap top to post a note and Oprah on the tube. She's got a program on families getting cooking lessons. a way to survive this poor economy by cooking at home, HEALTHY, and reduce eating out or fast food costs, UNHEALTHY. I enjoy watching Martha, Ellen, and Oprah when I get the chance. Like most things in my life, I watch more than I do. I really want to change this. My grandmother and mother both spent their 50'-60's as couch potatoes with soaps & Bonanza for grandma and soaps and Martha and Oprah for my mom. Ellen is one program that both ladies would be shocked that I enjoy. Grandma left us when she was in her mid 70's after a few years in a nursing home. Mom now resides in a nursing home and with suspect, Alzheimer's/Dementia, she still watches her soaps and Oprah but is unable to tell us what the programs are about. Did becoming a couch potato bring on living in a nursing home or was...is it inevitable? Can I change the things about me that I detested in the self destruction I witnessed of Grandma and Mom, or am I a victum of genes!! So on this cold day, snug in Dad's chair, blogging while watching Oprah is already a bit of change....right?

Ok, as if I might ever have any blog followers... guess I'll end this session with an explanation of why my blog's Sam's Thots. My real name is Sandy....rather Sandra, then Sandy became norm. In fact, Grandma and Mom only called me Sandra when they were angry with me so I prefer Sandy. :) Anyway, during my 20's I had a circle of gal friends and we all began to call each other by the first three letters of our names. So Flossie, became Flo. Gloria became Glo. Colleen became Co (ok, so we used only 2 letters for her) Becky became Bec and so on. Well Sandy became San but often heard as Sam. Finally the nickname Sam stuck. I miss those younger years... and I'm rarely called Sam anymore and the only friend I'm in contact with on a regular basis is Co. Our friendship spans nearly 37 years now and we use to joke about how we would race each other in wheelchairs up and down the nursing home halls. It's not so funny now, huh Co?

No comments:

Post a Comment