Thursday, October 25, 2012




I Took A Bite Of That Apple To See

I took a bite of that apple to see,
That you were naked in front of me.
'Thou shalt not eat of the Tree of Knowledge,
Such beauty unfolded in the fruit and foliage.
I did not plan to deceive you,
But how could I be without you?
One can only relate to what is known,
And with experience one is grown.
So why plant a tree,
And then say "Let it be?"
Why tempt one You know is weak,
By refusing not to speak,
And giving all the facts?
A test. What the hell is that?
Especially when You know all the answers,
Yet expect all the respect, my Lord, Sir?
Why create only to destroy,
Why use life like Your favorite toy?
In my quest to know all these whys,
I ate of that tree to try,
To understand it's reason for being,
And feel all that I knew You were seeing.
But I only found you innocent and naked,
My love, my life became most sacred.
Yes I'd do it all over again,
Be found naked and walking in sin,
To always be with you, my friend.
That Garden of Eden,
Was only created for two,
Yet now our souls combined in one anew.
In a love so innocent,
To withstand that banishment,
From perfection to Resurrection,
The toil becomes the dream,
And Beauty isn't what it seems.
Sometimes it can even be cruel,
To plant a tree and try to fool,
With restrictions set,
You sit and cast the net,
Knowing full well we would fall,
And never have a chance at all,
To live in a maintenance free Garden,
With You as our Warden.
That tree is the reason,
Our life is now for a season.
A brief time to walk the planet,
And destroy all that is on it.
In our quest to know all the whys,
We fall and live only to die.
We will never understand all Your ways,
But You give us a Hope to soften our short stay.
I took a bite of that apple to see,
That you were naked in front of me.

Sandra K. Harrison
Copyright pending 

No comments:

Post a Comment