Monday, March 26, 2012

CLOUDS HUNG UP ON KINGSLEY DAM











OH, TO BE BUT A CLOUD


A beautiful, crisp March morning,


Clear skies from home to my turn at K-1,


Rounding the sandhills as spring birds sing,


Finding a cloud hiding from the sun.




Such a crisp white whispering cloud,


Stuck as it seems on this dam man made,


With no wind to break free it's wet shroud,


Just a slight breeze to come to it's aide.




What a wonderful day and drive to work,


To witness the playful hide and seek,


Of a cloud that covers then reveals what lurks,


With a moment and a surprise little peek.




Oh, to be a cloud playing with the day,


To just flit and settle and take my time to dance,


But, alas, I must go on my way,


With just a picture to remind me of the chance.






No comments:

Post a Comment