Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Try Try Again

If at first you don't succeed ... try, try again!

Damn! Ate two pieces of Cherry Pull-A-Part Twizzlers! Pieces, as in 2 strips that can be pulled apart to make several skinny, rope like, pieces. Guess this is so one can prolong the enjoyment? Me, I just eat em .. no pulling apart and wastin time!!

My ONLY consolation is that it was only two pieces. Normally, or rather abnormally, I polish off the whole package. Today I only ate two. The last two in the package. I have two more FULL packages in my desk drawer. I had intended to have ALL the packages consumed before the 15th. I was polishing off my Hershey's Cherry Cordial Kisses (8 packages of em) which I knew could not be left over or I'd succumb. I thought I could resist the temptation with the Twizzlers. Wrong!

I posted on my Facebook page, yesterday, that those darn Twizzlers were screaming at me from the desk drawer. Some suggestions were to throw them away. Outta sight, outta mind was part of one friends comment. I remember reading that and feeling a tug at my ... well ... whatever compulsions tug at, and throwing them away was the last thing I wanted to do.

Another friend suggested I give them away to the kids I Nanny. I did that yesterday. Those last two pieces was what was left. One of the reasons I'm doing a sugar cleanse for 6 months was to get away from corn syrup. Cherry Pull-A-Part Twizzlers are all corn syrup. Corn syrup is bad stuff, really. And addicting. Probably shouldn't give it to my little ones anymore, either, huh?

When I'm done posting this, I'm going to go get those packages from my desk drawer and throw them away and try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment