Monday, April 5, 2010

Prep Work for a Ride




After twenty plus years of riding on the back of a Harley, I should be a pro at dressing for a ride or trip. So why does it seem to get harder than when I first fell in love with motorcycling? In fact, those early years I stressed more over trying to condense what I thought I would need on a two week trip from trunk of a car size to just under a bread box size! Now I can pack light, often much lighter than Ron, which is saying something if you knew how little he packs!
Now, I'm this seasoned rider that stresses about how to pack what I need in the layers of clothing, prepping for various weather changes, in such a way that I don't look like a bag lady in black leather. In pockets go all my 'needs' and I often feel like I look about 6 months pregnant. Tolerable when I was younger and this was a possibility. But looking pregnant and sporting a face full of the furrows of age reduces me to looking like an overweight old lady....ugh!! I should apologize for my vanity, I suppose, but if you knew me, you'd know that weight and ageing have been big issues most of my sober life. When I got drunk all the time, I didn't care what I looked like, really. Now I care ....

1 comment:

  1. really its great job , i hope i can share my blog with you , thanks ,

    http://touristscene.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete