Sunday, April 4, 2010

EASTER SUNDAY 2010


Easter Sunday in the sandhills of NE and in my small world the sun is hidden by clouds and the threat of a sprinkle is about to become real. Hm...not much different from the thoughts and feelings whirling in my heart's mind.
I've been haunted these past few days with such an 'impending sense of doom' cloud and a blah that teeters on the verge of panic. Easter has often soothed my soul and given me hope and comfort in forgiveness and the desire to change and reflect on what that forgiveness means to me.
Well, here it is... Easter Sunday 2010 and my reflection of Easter's past compared to this year's Resurrection Day celebration, finds me stuck in many regrets and reeling from the number of losses that appear to mount with each coming year.
Is it my imagination or is Death singing it's song around me more than ever before? It is getting so hard to hear the peals of joy in life with death's song blaring so loudly!
Oh, and I don't just mean the death of the body but the death of the soul as well. We are born to die and each of has our own time line to walk. How we walk on that time line is the story...one of joy or sorrow. And that's what I'm saying. Sorrow's song is singing louder than Joy's song ... on this cloudy Easter Sunday, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment