Wednesday, January 27, 2010

January 2010

The year has begun. Off to see AVATAR and kicking the 'after holiday blues' which can wreck havoc on one's immune system. The year came in on an ill note, has uncovered more aches and pains and introduced my heart to a sense of hopelessness. After all, I'm nearly 57 years old. Never thought I'd make it this far. Take a deep breath, fill these aged lungs with one long draw, pushing the abdomen out and on a slow, mouth closed exhale, sink the abdomen towards that aching back. Take another breath and think light. Exhale and let all shadows, all dark, flow...no blow, forcefully, out the nose. See it leave your body and dissipate. Breathe in light. Deep, slow breaths until there is no more dark to let out, no, to force out. No more dark, hopeless shadows.

Now let's move on to February. Take down the Christmas and Snowmen decorations, pack them away and bring out the red and all the heart decorations. Hearts. I love hearts. Just because of the hearts, February is my favorite month. Hearts symbolize love to many. To me? Yeah, I leave a heart in my facebook feed to send my love. And when I think, love, I also think it in hearts. Red symbolizes passion to many, anger to others, blood to a few. To me? Red can be that and more, much more. Anyway, maybe February will be full of light? Full of red and full of hearts. No more dark, hopeless shadows.

No comments:

Post a Comment