Monday, September 17, 2018

Yes. Too Long Away. I'm Fighting My Way Back.

I'm not sure where to start. It has a long time since I've tried to blog. My silly mind has not been my friend for a few months and my Multiple Sclerosis is responsible for much of the shenanigans. So ...

This year started with me throwing a fit by cancelling all the holiday plans and staying home and pouting about a lab bill that caught me unaware of a sneaky out-of-network slap in the face. I protested the bill and spent several months sending appeals and talking on the phone with our insurance. It's a long, stressful story and the end results are still pending. When this nightmare is over, maybe I will blog about the whole experience then. Or not. I've no doubt anyone reading my blog can relate their own nightmares with insurance and outrageous medical costs so reading about mine may seem redundant. Just know my heart relates. 

I retired from my cleaning business in June of this year. It called for a celebration so we combined my 65th birthday and my retirement party together and God gave me one of the hottest Saturdays to have it on! My husband made the calls and smoked the pork for the pulled pork sandwiches that were featured in the food we served. I tried spend most of the day in front of a fan while enjoying dear family and friends that ventured out in the heat to help me celebrate. it was a worthy celebration in spite of the hot day. 

Note to self:  Though my husband means well and I love when he takes the initiative to sponsor such fun ... but IF I, too, wish to enjoy said fun then a caterer or party planner is to be hired. My husband rocks in the set up, meal planning and clean up, but when the party rolls out he is found drinking with his buddies or being the social butterfly I'd strive to be... but am more often found tending to the needs of the guests and making sure food is hot or cold for the long haul. 

Also in June, we went on a bike trip with our dear friends, John and Camille Oberg. Loved the whole trip and took lots of pictures so instead of this blog being so long that I waste my whole day in front of a computer, I will gather my pictures and post a few and tell the tales of that trip in my next post.

Until then ...

No comments:

Post a Comment