Sunday, August 2, 2015

And:

Day 2 of the 5 day poetry challenge ...
Never Regret
So where to from here, Lord?
Didn't expect to get this far.
So right there ...
I'm mighty grateful, Lord!
But seems to me that getting old,
Makes living more challenging.
And like an invisibility cloak,
I am no longer visibly bold.
To not be seen is like death itself.
There is a time for solitude,
But ... when you walk on by,
I'm like that picture ignored on the shelf.
There was a time I WAS seen.
And I ran from the attention,
Because I was sought by evil,
And I blamed it all on being seen.
Sometimes I even hid,
Behind couches and self made walls.
Or I'd run only to have me find me,
And a world judging all I did.
Now I'm old and gray in the mirror,
But when I look away I remember,
That skinny girl with long blonde hair,
Who often perceived like a seer.
Now I have too many regrets,
And a life filling with mixed memories.
As I venture through this last life season,
Help me Lord find life I never want to regret.
Sandra K. harrison
03-28-15

No comments:

Post a Comment