Sunday, December 30, 2012

 
 
2012 is going out in snowy style! The ground is covered in a few inches of snow and the cold of winter is forcing me to dig out some of my old shawls that I use to wear when I was a hippie. I get into my favorite chair, cover up with one of my favorite gifts of Christmas's past, a plush (fake) mink throw, and wrap a shawl around my shoulders and I'm ready for some TV or reading or posting on this blog, like I'm doing now.
 
This usually the time of year I reflect on it's passing and what the new year may bring. This has been one tough year. Not the toughest ever for my near 60 years in review but one I don't want to relive.
 
~  My back tops the list of tough. An already bad back was made worse on June 1st when I fractured my L1 and compressed further the rest of the L's so bad that I had to have major surgery to fuse the L4 - L5 October 1st.
    Now as the year closes out, my back is much better than before surgery. The constant pain has been replaced with a slight discomfort and when I bend too much, a slight ache. My prayer is that I can keep from injuring my back further so that the L3 won't need fusing to the L4 and L5 won't need fusing to S1. Those areas of my spin are also damaged.
 
~  My finances took a big hit this year. Not being able to work for a while meant a slash to my budget. Christmas would have been more of a bummer for me if my husband hadn't stepped in to help.
    Funny thing though. Gifts of money this Christmas were more than past Christmas's. My checkbook was rescued just as it reached the last $3 mark. Thank You, Lord, for answered prayer! Now I'm praying the 'fiscal cliff' is resolved so next year's budget isn't raped.
 
~  This years election nearly broke my marriage apart.
    The next four years will determine if trust was misplaced.
 
~  Death reared it's ugly head in several ways this year. Lost folks dear to me, family and friends of family. Those personal losses never healed before the next one would hit OR some sick soul would go out and shoot up a theater, and a school and .... to much sorrow both personally and nationally.
    Death will never go away. We are all born to die. I'm not talking about spiritual things ... that's beyond my understanding. I'm talking about the one constant of life ... death. So, it would be nice to have 2013 be the 'lucky' year of minimal loss.
 
Yes, it has been a rough year. I've just listed a few because to post a complete list would be a book ... and a drag. I'm looking ahead now.
 
We didn't have a cataclysmic event on 12-21-12. Everything seems as it was, with no doom and gloom.
 
No one knows the plans or thoughts of God, so it is my prayer that He is waiting for the 'Big' day so everyone has a chance to change ... or whatever.
 
I'm just glad that there is still time ... Still hope in the year to come.
I'm glad the year is nearly over and pray next year will be blessed.
 
 
 
 
 
Happy New Year to all! May you be blessed! May your dreams come true!  May 2013 be your best year yet!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment