Saturday, June 15, 2024

HELLO?

 I started this blog 15 years ago. I was 56. I'm 71 as of a week ago. 

WOW!

So much has changed since then. I'm in the last season of my life now. and I still don't know what I want to be when I 'grow' up. I've worn many hats over the years. Student, daughter, sister, Mom, auntie, girlfriend, wife, grandmother (Nana) and yet to wear the great grandma hat. 

I've also worked most of my life. Busgirl, babysitter, waitress, McDonald's clerk, bowling alley clerk, drug dealer 😐, special needs caregiver, counselor apprentice, Drug/Alcohol Certified Counselor, model, secretary. Activities Director at nursing home, line worker/secretary/OSHA administrator for an electric component manufacturer, housekeeper in my own house cleaning business for over 17 years caregiver for Mom and brother Carl and finally a clerk in a boutique in my hometown.  I'm retired now.

I've had so many dreams. Not many have come true. I'm flexible. I revise and move on.

Today? It's 0ne Day At A Time. I'm grateful to have made it this far. I'm sure it wasn't by my own power but totally destined by my Higher Power, whom I chose to call God. I don't understand my Higher Power but I do KNOW I've not been alone in all my 71 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment